Monday, December 27, 2010

When you can snatch the pebble from my hand..........

My son has been playing 40k with me for the past year and a half.

He loves Black Templar and stuck with them for so long. I do not know how he did it as he lost a lot. But he did so in style with everyone enjoying their games against him.He also plays Salamanders and frequently looses with them as well. This trend has finally began to change. Now he wins or draws very frequently while still having great games and tons of fun on both sides.

We have played many games and discussed strategy over dinner (much to my wives chagrin) and he has an excellent grasp of tactics and strategy. So this Christmas I decided that if can learn to win with Templars and Salamanders he should be able to do very well with Space Wolves. As he has expressed an interest in the wolves I went and got him some for Christmas and we played our first two games yesterday. 1750 points vs my Dark Eldar. First game he absolutely destroyed me and played a flawless game. Second game was a hard fought draw that could have gone either way.

So look out folks the wolves are coming, and they are commanded by someone who knows how to snatch the pebble from your hand.

No comments: