Friday, February 18, 2011

The Poor Poor Talos

So I have been trying out the Talos in a few WWP lists. I have found them wanting.

What I like:

1. T7 even missiles need a 3 to wound it
2. TL Haywire blaster this is pure fun when it hits.
3. Monstrous creature

What I do not like:

1. 3+ save this is just not good enough with the insane amount of missiles that people spam.
2. BS 3 even with TL I miss far too often.
3. 3 wounds not enough for a 3+ armour save monstrous creature.
4. Too slow even coming out of a portal

What I hate:

1. Rumoured Dreadknight is better in every aspect for about the same cost. 2+/4+ 4 wounds /T7

Just give the poor Talos 4 wounds and a 2+ save and BAM he is a solid lil fella. (maybe increase his cost 20 points to compensate)

Sorry for the Rant, I just had to get this off of my chest.

2 comments:

doctorahhnold said...

hey man just gonna say good luck at the vday massacre, and drop that talos from your list!

Taylor said...

Thanks!! I have no intention on brining the poor Talos. I will be running a hybrid list with Vect. He is a bit pricey at 1850 but fun.